Update on COVID-19
We understand that there is growing concerns surrounding COVID-19 and what potential risks this could have on our customers and their businesses. The safety of our customers and our employees is always our top priority; this commitment only strengthens in our current health climate.
We want to reassure you that Gambles Group of Companies (GGC) has multiple programs in place to ensure that the food we provide our customers is always safe for consumption. Our HACCP and SQF certificates serve to demonstrate the constant care we have for food safety.
At this time, there has been no indication that the virus has been transmitted via food surfaces. Although, it is good practice to be clean while preparing food, separate raw and cooked foods, and keep food at safe temperatures to minimize all risks.
To ensure the continued health and safety of our employees, customers and other key stakeholders, Gambles Group has designated a COVID-19 Response Committee. The committee is responsible for developing and communicating the response plan, and will meet regularly to ensure we update our plan as new information becomes available. Please reach out to Doug Littlewood – Health and Safety Supervisor and the Response Committee Lead at email@example.com or 416-919-2558 or your designated sales or customer service representative if you have questions or concerns.
In the event of a pandemic, GGC and our well-trained staff are prepared to continue to meet the needs of our customers and suppliers. We have the ability to allow many of our Sales, Buyers, Customer Service and Infrastructure Teams to work from home and seamlessly conduct our daily business. We also have a plan to pick and deliver orders in the event of increased employee absenteeism through our state-of-the-art Distribution Centre.
We ask that our customers and employees follow the following precautions to help safeguard themselves and others from any and all viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Sneeze and cough into with flexed elbow or tissue, discard used tissues immediately
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick and seek medical care if you are experiencing the symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces including your cellphone
Additionally, we have implemented the following internal proactive measures:
- Increased the frequency and scope of responsibilities of our cleaning staff to regularly sanitize high touch areas and equipment
- Monitoring corporate and personal travel of our employees in accordance with the travel health notices published by the Government of Canada and ensuring those who have travelled to the high risk areas self-quarantine before return to the workplace
- Making sanitization materials such as hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes readily available for employees at or near their workstations
Gambles Group is committed to remaining vigilant in this constantly evolving situation. We will continue to monitor the risks to our employees and customers by following the information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), Government of Canada, Ministry of Health Ontario, Public Health Ontario, Toronto Public Health and Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). We will keep you informed as necessary.
Gambles Group of Companies