At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, food service, and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved into one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Ontario. Our goal is to be the supplier of choice for all our customer’s needs.
Our people are the backbone of our business! We have a “hire-from-within” mentality at Gambles, which means we put extra focus on developing our people and giving them unique career advancement opportunities. Just like our products and our customer-base, we love to see our people grow!
We offer a competitive benefits package with employer-covered health and dental benefits (you don’t pay the premiums!) and a company-matched Pension Plan for our full-time employees.
The Account Manager will report directly to the Program Sales Manager.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the daily, routine tasks involved with addressing the customer’s needs and concerns and maintaining account activities. This individual will work primarily out of the Ontario Food Terminal location but will require the ability to travel to our 302 Dwight Ave. location regularly.
Although the primary schedule for this individual is 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, our ideal candidate can work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate the needs of the business which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Act as the main point of contact in all matters relating to customer concerns and needs
- Build and strengthen relationships to achieve long-term partnerships
- Maintain accurate records and keep track of contract updates and renewals
- Communicate all customer account details to the Program Sales department
- Review and follow up on Customer Fill Rates
- Maintain and update Customer Pricing
- Review Sales Reports, Budgets, and Margins
- Prepare strategic Account Plans and ensure KPIs are being met
- Work closely with Buyers, Sales, and Marketing to identify opportunities to grow business
- Generate progress reports for customers and internal executives
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Account Management
- Professional experience in Sales & Customer service
- Ability to multitask with several responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and environments
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Professional and personable to represent our Gambles brand to our customers
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take the initiative to complete daily tasks
- Experience in roles requiring high attention to detail skills
Interested candidates should apply with a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that Gambles Group is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.