Asian Chains Sales Representative
At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, food service, and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved into one of the largest produce wholesale distributors in Canada. Our goal is to be the supplier of choice for all our customer’s needs.
Our people are the backbone of our business! We have a “hire-from-within” mentality at Gambles, which means we put extra focus on developing our people and giving them unique career advancement opportunities. Like our products and customer base, we love seeing our people grow!
We offer a competitive benefits package with employer-covered health and dental benefits (you don’t pay the premiums!) and a company-matched Pension Plan for our full-time employees.
The Asian Chains Sales Representative will report directly to the Asian Chain Sales Manager.
This position will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our customers while also providing administrative support to the Account Manager. This individual will work primarily out of the Ontario Food Terminal location but will require the ability to travel to our 302 Dwight Ave. location regularly.
Although the primary schedule for this individual is 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, our ideal candidate can work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate the needs of the business which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Process customer orders via in-person and phone orders
- Provide excellent customer service, including investigation and resolution of customer complaints
- Collaborate with in-house Buyers to identify lead time for bookings and follow up on load arrivals for customers
- Monitor daily sales and inventory as well as daily and weekly pricing
- Manage communication and documentation for the customer base
- Communicate “deals” and special pricing to customers, as directed by Account Manager
- Work with Marketing to help develop promotions plan for seasonal activity
- Look at continuous opportunities in improving our customer service process, and make suggestions accordingly to Operations
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- High school diploma
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin Chinese and Korean is an asset
- 3-5 years experience in people management
- Previous sales experience in fresh produce industry (retail and/or wholesale)
- Strong computer aptitude with experience using Microsoft Office
- Experience with ERP and OMS systems
- Fluent speaking in Mandarin would be considered an asset but is not required
- Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize while working under tight time pressures
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including email and MS Office
Please note that Gambles Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.