Attention Sales and Customer Service Super-Stars!
Are you a customer-oriented individual with high attention to detail? Are you interested in getting your foot in the door at a growing and successful company? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment? Are you interested in learning about Supply Chain, Sales and/or Produce Industry?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, then Gambles might be the right fit for you!
Who are we?
At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, foodservice, and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved into one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Ontario. Our goal is to not only be the supplier of choice for all our customer’s needs, but also an employer of choice for “top talent” candidates and employees.
Our people are the backbone of our business, which is why we are continuously looking to develop our people and bring super-stars onto our team! We have a “hire-from-within” mentality at Gambles, which means we put extra focus on developing our people and giving them unique career advancement opportunities. Just like our products and our customer base, we love to see our people grow!
Plus, we have a stellar Social Committee that works to plan fun events and activities to support our culture at Gambles! At Gambles you won’t just get a job, you’ll get a second family.
As an Inside Sales and Customer Service Representative, you will work alongside a close-knit team reporting to the Account and Inside Sales Manager at the Ontario Food Terminal located in Etobicoke at 165 Queensway.
This position is an entry-level, full-time, onsite position that operates 8 am-4 pm on a split shift – working Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and 7 am-3 pm on Saturday – with Sundays and Wednesdays as the days off. This role requires a flexible working schedule which is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
Sales and Customer Service (60%):
- Process customer orders via phone, fax, email, online ordering (internal systems)
- Investigate/Resolve customer complaints
- Support key account management by effectively communicating with customers through all appropriate methods (verbal, listening, writing, presenting)
- Review product availability and inventory
- Complete daily allocations of customer orders
- Purchasing local commodities
- Communicate and work with buyers to meet customer product demand
- Monitor Daily Sales and Inventory
- Manage Daily/Weekly Pricing reports
- Update electronic flyers
- Manual pricing and code adjustments
- Review and manually update special pricing per order
- Communicate pricing, specials, and flyers
- Print and distribute daily pricing lists
Special Projects (5%)
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Strong English communication skills are a must (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated Customer Service experience and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to complete daily tasks
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience in roles requiring high attention to detail skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to changing priorities and environments
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Professional and personable to represent our Gambles brand to our customers
We want to learn more about you if…
- You have knowledge of the fresh produce industry
- You have post-secondary education in a related field
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Gambles Ontario Produce Inc. is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. During the recruitment process, if you require any accommodation, please reach out to email@example.com to request the required arrangements.