At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, food service, and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved into one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Canada. Our goal is to be the supplier of choice for all our customer’s needs.
Our people are the backbone of our business. We have a “hire-from-within” mentality at Gambles, which means we put extra focus on developing our people and giving them unique career advancement opportunities. Just like our products and our customer base, we love to see our people grow.
We offer a competitive benefits package with employer-covered health and dental benefits and a company-matched Pension Plan for our full-time employees.
Gambles is seeking a Finance Manager who will be responsible for managing the Finance/Accounting and IT teams, budgeting, forecasting, financial performance, and long-range planning. This person will also act as a trusted advisor to our business leaders and will help coordinate the associated reporting deliverables to the executive leadership team and the Board of Directors. This position will report to the President.
This individual will work between two locations: the Ontario Food Terminal location and our 302 Dwight Avenue location.
Although the primary schedule for this individual is 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, our ideal candidate can work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the business which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ensure that financial and operational insights are provided through the development of tools, processes, and systems
- Create and measure the organization’s performance against defined budgets and forecasts
- Work with department heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Analyze financial and operational results to better understand company performance
- Build and maintain detailed financial models and forecasts to support management decision-making and drive operational efficiency
- Work with the leadership team to set annual organizational objectives whereby finance and IT support the operational objectives with an eye toward strategic financial growth
- Oversee monthly reporting, ensuring a high degree of quality, timeliness, and accuracy, as well as highlighting key business insights
- Develop forward-looking predictive models that provide insight into the company’s operations and business planning
- Execute a reliable and efficient IT strategy while ensuring that the department meets the organization’s data processing and control requirements
- Candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance along with successfully achieving their CGA/CMA/CPA designation
- 8+ years of Finance/Accounting experience with 4+ years of management experience in roles of increasing responsibility at high-growth and high-performing organization(s)
- Demonstrated ability in coaching and people development
- Experience working within a fresh food wholesale distribution business is an asset
- Excels in reporting and interpreting financial information to financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor in resolving complex business problems with well-structured, detail-oriented analytics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior management, large/small groups and one-on-one
- Strong change management skills
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead complex cross-functional initiatives across a breadth of stakeholders
- A culture-focused team player who is collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible – excited to roll up their sleeves
Please note that Gambles Group is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.