Sales Operations Administrator
At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, foodservice, and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown into one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Ontario. Our goal is to be the supplier of choice for all our customer’s needs.
Our people are the backbone of our business! We have a “hire-from-within” mentality at Gambles, which means we put extra focus on developing our people and giving them unique career advancement opportunities. Just like our products and our customer base, we love to see our people grow!
We offer a competitive benefits package with employer-covered health and dental benefits (you don’t pay the premiums!) and a company-matched Pension Plan for our full-time employees.
This is a unique Sales Support position that also involves operational duties. This position is an entry-level, full-time, onsite position reporting to the Account Manager for Gambles Produce located in Calgary at 5620 68 Avenue. The intended shift for the position is Tuesday to Saturday from 7 am-3 pm. This role requires a flexible working schedule which is subject to change based on the needs of the business.
- Process Customer Orders, Allocations, and Credits via internal systems
- Prepare Purchase Orders, Invoices & Driver Manifests
- Provide exceptional Customer Service by investigating and resolving all customer inquiries
- Communicate with buying team for customer product demand
- Complete product inspections and communicate inspection details to appropriate contacts
- Perform and report quality assessments during inbound receiving
- Daily review of inventory to identify and report products requiring disposition
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Strong English communication skills are a must (written and verbal)
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs and work in a warehouse environment
- Demonstrated Customer Service experience and skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to complete daily tasks
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience in roles requiring high attention to detail skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to quickly change priorities and environments
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Intermediate computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines