Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic, results-driven marketing professional. You aren’t afraid to jump in wherever you are needed and stretch yourself beyond your job description. Collaborating with a diverse group of people and adapting to an ever-changing environment doesn’t faze you.
Who are we?
At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, foodservice and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved in to one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Ontario. Our goal is to not only be the supplier of choice for all our customer’s needs, but also an employer of choice for “top talent” candidates and employees.
Our people are the backbone of our business, which is why we are continuously looking to develop our people and bring super-stars onto our team! We have a “hire-from-within” mentality at Gambles, which means we put extra focus on developing our people and giving them unique career advancement opportunities. Just like our products and our customer base, we love to see our people grow!
We offer a competitive benefits package with employer-covered health and dental benefits (you don’t pay the premiums!) and a company-matched Pension Program for our full-time employees who have at least 12 continuous months of service.
Plus, we have a stellar Social Committee that works to plan fun events and activities to support our culture at Gambles! At Gambles you won’t just get a job, you’ll get a second family.
We have two locations which are both in Etobicoke, Ontario – the Ontario Food Terminal located at 165 the Queensway and our Distribution Centre at 302 Dwight Avenue.
The Ontario Food Terminal is Canada’s largest wholesale Fruit and Produce Terminal. It ranks amongst the top four Terminal Markets in Canada and the United States by volume of produce distributed.
Gambles services a variety of customers out of the Terminal including local farmers, local fruit and vegetable stores, independent and chain supermarkets, retailers, restaurateurs, foodservice, caterers, farmers’ markets, farm gate markets, florists, garden centres, landscapers, convenience stores and institutions.
Our Distribution Centre is a state-of-the-art 65,000ft facility that caters to our program retail and foodservice accounts.
This position works out of the Ontario Food Terminal market and reports to the VP, Sales and Marketing. Our ideal candidate is able to work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate the needs of the business which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Oversee the Marketing strategy and vision for all of Gambles Group of Companies (GGC)
- Packaging design and branding of all Go Fresh line of products, including vendor/customer partners’ private label branding requirements
- Use marketing best-practices to improve the GGC corporate brand
- Manage all social media platforms and create social media campaigns
- Developing strategies and tactics to boost the company’s reputation and drive qualified traffic
- Development and execution of marketing programs from start to finish, including new product launches under our Go Fresh brand
- Analyze customer insights, trends, market analysis to build successful strategies
- Manage content and updates for customer and internal touch points, establishing budget guidelines, participating in events, documenting business processes, and providing additional sales support
- Identify effectiveness and impact of current marketing initiatives with tracking and analysis, and optimize accordingly
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external teams, and communicate with senior leaders about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets in support of Sales and Buying targets
- Other projects and initiatives as required
Candidate Requirements and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, public relations, or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Marketing
- Experience in graphic and web design
- Demonstrated content writing skills
- Thorough understanding of a wide range of computer programs and web platforms including Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress an asset
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel occasionally for company events
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual fluency in French/English would be considered an asset but is not required
Interested parties should apply to email@example.com
Please note that Gambles Group is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. During the recruitment process, if you require any accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to notify us of your required arrangements.
|Job Category||Marketing, Sales|