Who are you?
You have a few years of experience with HR Information Systems (Ceridian Dayforce an asset!) and full-cycle payroll administration under your belt. Working well as part of a tight-knit team while also having the opportunity to work autonomously gets you excited. You are a driven and tech savvy individual with the initiative taking skills to not only get things done, but to make the work even better. Collaborating with people and adapting to change doesn’t faze you one bit! You are enthusiastic, confident, professional and ready to take on all things payroll and HRIS.
If this sounds like you, then this opportunity might be the perfect fit!
Who are we?
At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, foodservice and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved into one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Ontario. Our goal is to not only be the supplier of choice for all of our customer’s needs but an employer of choice for “top talent” candidates and employees.
Our people are the backbone of our business, which is why we are continuously looking to develop our people and bring super-stars onto our team! We have a “hire-from-within” mentality at Gambles, which means we put extra focus on developing our people and giving them unique career advancement opportunities. Just like our products and our customer base, we love to see our people grow!
We offer a competitive benefits package with employer-covered health and dental benefits (you don’t pay the premiums!) and a company-matched Pension Program for our full-time employees who have at least 12 continuous months of service.
Plus, we have a stellar Social Committee that works to plan fun events and activities to support our culture at Gambles! At Gambles you won’t just get a job, you’ll get a second family.
We have two locations which are both in Etobicoke Ontario – the Ontario Food Terminal located at 165 the Queensway and our Distribution Centre at 302 Dwight Avenue.
The Ontario Food Terminal is Canada’s largest wholesale Fruit and Produce Terminal. It ranks amongst the top four Terminal Markets in Canada and the United States by volume of produce distributed.
Gambles services a variety of customers out of the Terminal including local farmers, local fruit and vegetable stores, independent and chain supermarkets, retailers, restauranteurs, foodservice, caterers, farmers’ markets, farm gate markets, florists, garden centres, landscapers, convenience stores and institutions.
Our Distribution Centre Operation is a state-of-the-art 65,000ft² facility that caters to our program retail and foodservice accounts.
Working out of the Ontario Food Terminal, the Payroll & HRIS Administrator is at the hub of the HR (People Development) Department. You will support people from all areas of the business in terms of payroll and reporting, with a special focus on maintaining and developing our information system and its capabilities.
This position will work primarily during standard business hours Monday – Friday but may be required to work a flexible schedule as per the needs of the business.
HRIS (Ceridian Dayforce) – 40%:
- Act as our HRIS super-user for Ceridian Dayforce by troubleshooting, configuring updates and developing process improvements to our existing system
- Conduct password resets for employees
- Process employee lifecycle items such as the onboarding, termination, salary increases, personal data changes, internal transfers, schedule changes, pension changes, etc.
- Perform various HRIS functions including ad hoc data entry, data corrections, collection and formatting of data
- Ensure consistency of data with alignment of company structure and rules
- Create and conduct training and guidance to users on the operation and maintenance of the HRIS system, with a focus on management and supervisory levels
- Configure new modules in Ceridian Dayforce such as the Attendance Module, Onboarding Module, etc.
- Maintain employee records within Ceridian Dayforce and in physical files
- Log tickets with Ceridian Dayforce on any system issues that arise
Payroll – 40%:
- Run full-cycle payroll through Ceridian Dayforce in an accurate and timely manner on a weekly basis for around 300 employees
- Collect payroll paperwork and ensure full completion and accuracy
- Provide financial auditing assistance
- Review time and attendance in Ceridian Dayforce on a regular basis to ensure completion and accuracy
- First point of contact for all payroll related questions/concerns
- Process T4’s at Year-End in accordance with Federal and Provincial law
- Process Records of Employment
- Administer payroll in accordance with the Collective Agreement
- Process any special payroll payments and/or deductions such as but not limited to garnishments, expenses, pension adjustments, bonuses, etc.
- Create new payment codes for payroll as needed
Reporting – 20%:
- Weekly reporting for Finance, Operations, and HR
- Financial month-end reporting for headcount, pension, RRSP, union dues, budgeting, etc.
- Handle any Service Canada requests or reports on an as-needed basis
- Ad-hoc reporting
- Creating and automating reports in Ceridian Dayforce
- Creating reports for Year-End bonuses and salary increases
- Post-Secondary Education, preferably in HR/Payroll
- 2-5 years of experience in Payroll and HRIS administration
- Strong technical abilities, specifically in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Employment Standards Act
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize while working under tight time pressure
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with people from all levels of the business
- Tactful and professional while maintaining confidentiality
- Well-developed attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate with people of various cultural backgrounds
- Adaptable and able to learn in an ever-changing environment
- Takes initiative to improve processes and functionalities of Payroll and Ceridian Dayforce
The following would be considered welcomed assets …
- Experience in a Unionized and/or Warehouse environment a considerable asset
- Priority consideration is given to candidates with Ceridian Dayforce experience
Interested parties should apply to email@example.com
Please note that Gambles Group is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. During the recruitment process, if you require any accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to notify us of your required arrangements.
|Job Category||Marketing, Sales|