Sales Representative – Asian Chains

Posted 2 months ago

Attention Sales and Customer Service Super-Stars!

Are you a fast-learning, customer-oriented individual? Do your communication and organization skills set you apart from the rest? Are you interested in getting your foot in the door at a fast-paced and successful company?

 

Who are we?

At Gambles, produce is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, foodservice, and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved into one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Ontario. Our goal is to not only be the supplier of choice for all our customer’s needs but an employer of choice for “top talent” candidates and employees.

 

Why Gambles?

Our people are the backbone of our business, which is why we are continuously looking to develop our people and bring super-stars onto our team! We have a “hire-from-within” mentality at Gambles, which means we put extra focus on developing our people and giving them unique career advancement opportunities. Just like our products and our customer base, we love to see our people grow!

We offer a competitive benefits package with employer-covered health and dental benefits (you don’t pay the premiums!) and a company-matched Pension Program for our full-time employees who have at least 12 continuous months of service.

Plus, we have a stellar Social Committee that works to plan fun events and activities to support our culture at Gambles! At Gambles you won’t just get a job, you’ll get a second family.

 

Our Locations

We have two locations which are both in Etobicoke Ontario – the Ontario Food Terminal located at 165 the Queensway and our Distribution Centre at 302 Dwight Avenue.

The Ontario Food Terminal is Canada’s largest wholesale Fruit and Produce Terminal. It ranks amongst the top four Terminal Markets in Canada and the United States by volume of produce distributed.

Gambles services a variety of customers out of the Terminal including local farmers, local fruit and vegetable stores, independent and chain supermarkets, retailers, restauranteurs, foodservice, caterers, farmers’ markets, farm gate markets, florists, garden centers, landscapers, convenience stores and institutions.

Our Distribution Centre Operation is a state-of-the-art 65,000ft² facility that caters to our program retail and foodservice accounts.

 

Job Description:

Working out of the Ontario Food Terminal, the Sales Representative in the Asian Chains department is responsible for providing excellent customer service to our customers while also providing administrative support to the Account Manager.

In the Asian Chains department, about 80% of the customers you interact with will be in-person customers and the other 20% of the customers will be handled over the phone. The customer base for the Asian Chains department is very diverse and makes up a large portion of our accounts here at Gambles.

This position requires a flexible schedule, including Sundays and early mornings.

 

Main Responsibilities include:

  • Process customer orders via in-person and phone orders
  • Provide excellent customer service, including investigation and resolution of customer complaints
  • Collaborate with in-house Buyers to identify lead-time for bookings and follow up on load arrivals for customers
  • Monitor daily sales and inventory as well as daily and weekly pricing
  • Manage communication and documentation for customer base
  • Communicate “deals” and special pricing to customers, as directed by Account Manager
  • Work with Marketing to help develop promotions plan for seasonal activity
  • Look at continuous opportunities in improving our customer service process, and make suggestions accordingly to Operations
  • Other duties and projects as assigned

 

Candidate Requirements:

  • High school diploma
  • Must have strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
  • Ability to communicate in Mandarin Chinese an asset
  • Ability to speak Korean an asset
  • Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize while working under tight time pressure
  • Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
  • Well-developed attention to detail and organizational skills
  • Strong computer skills including email and entire MS Office suite
  • Must be able to work early mornings as well as Sundays

 

We thank all those who apply for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.

 

Please note that Gambles Ontario Produce Inc. is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. During the recruitment process, if you require any accommodation, please email accessibility@goproduce.com  in order to notify us of your required arrangements.

Apply Online

A valid email address is required.
A valid phone number is required.