Attention All Students and General Labourers!
Are you looking for continued part-time work? Are you interested in getting your foot in the door at a growing and successful company? Are you interested in learning about Supply Chain? Do you want to make more than minimum wage?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, then Gambles might be the right fit for you!
Who are we?
At Gambles, product is everything. Our business provides the widest assortment of top-quality fruits and vegetables for the wholesale, food-service and retail sectors. With a history dating back to the early 1900s, Gambles has grown and evolved into one of the largest produce wholesalers in all of Ontario. Our goal is to not only be the supplier of choice for all of our customer’s needs but an employer of choice for “top talent” candidates and employees.
Integrity, Respect and Teamwork are the values we strive to demonstrate in our culture at Gambles. It is these values that drive every aspect of our business, especially with our people. Our people are the backbone of our business, which is why we are continuously looking to develop our people and bring super-stars onto our team!
As a Warehouse Order Selector (Picker) with Gambles, you will play an integral role in ensuring our customers receive their correct orders in a timely manner. You can expect to make $16.50/hour with an anticipated 32 – 40 hours per week, however, this is subject to change depending on the needs of the business.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Select orders with a low lift pallet truck (You will be trained to operate safely)
- Build pallets that include sensitive products for shipping long distances
- Transport pallets of produce to the staging lanes
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety and security
- Ability to regularly lift 55 lbs.
- Ability to stand continuously for long periods of time (up to 8 hrs)
- Ability to reach above shoulder level
- Able to come in contact with food allergens
- Must be able to work within a cold environment for extended periods of time
- Must wear CSA approved Safety Shoes at all times
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Carry out detailed instructions with high attention to detail
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well with others in a team environment
Education & Experience:
- Low Lift or Fork Lift experience an asset
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred
Interested parties should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Gambles Group is an equal opportunity employer located in a heritage building with our main office at 165 The Queensway, Suite 240. During the recruitment process, if you require any accommodation, please email email@example.com in order to notify us of your required arrangements.